Optimal Health and Wellness Clinic
Do you want a happier, healthier more fulfilling and balanced life?
- Plant-Based Diet Prescriptions
- Cooking Classes
- Fitness Assessments
- Exercise prescriptions
- Effective Stress Management
- Sleep Management
Your visits may be covered by your health Insurance
To make an appointment, call (404) 857-3580 today!
Do you have:
- High cholesterol?
- Back or joint pain?
- High blood pressure?
Optimal Health Cooking Classes will empower you with the skills and knowledge to make healthy sustainable lifestyle changes
Healthy Lifestyle Habits
- Eat 5 servings of vegetables every day! Choose a variety of local, seasonal vegetables.
- Eat 5 servings of fruits a day. Fruits have fiber, vitamins, minerals, and cancer-fighters. Eating fruit does not cause or make diabetes worse.
- Eat 2 - 3 servings of legumes/beans every day. They contain protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals. People who eat the most beans have the lowest risk of heart attacks strokes, diabetes and cancer.
- Eat 2-3 servings of grains such as brown rice, quinoa or whole wheat bread.
- Nuts are healthy whole fats. 1 serving is 1/4 cup. Do not eat nuts if weight is a problem!
- Drink water, divide your body weigh in ½ then divide that number by 8 to give you a rough idea of how many 8-oz glasses you need every day.
- Get enjoyable physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day, walking is inexpensive and effective.
- Meditation at least once a day for 20 minutes, this will lower your blood pressure and lead to a more calm and balanced life.
- Sleep is crucial, sleep deprivation leads to overeating and increased risk of obesity and accidents. Try to get at least 7 hours every night.
- Good relationships are an essential to happiness, make time for friends and family.