Internal Medicine physicians treat patients with lung disease, arthritis, diabetes and thyroid disease, other endocrine diseases, infectious diseases, kidney diseases and cancer, blood disorders, gastrointestinal and liver diseases, and heart disease. Internal Medicine generalists can be your primary care physician for continuing medical care. Our physicians have received training from nationally and internally recognized programs in hospitals, clinics and private settings making them certified to address the most complex of disease states.
As a national leader in research, using translational research, we strive to connect patient care and research. Our affiliations with Grady Memorial Hospital, South Fulton Hospital and Atlanta Veterans Health Care System, provide us an excellent canvas to continuously excel in various areas of research.
Internal Medicine services offered:
- Arthritis and Rheumatism, including osteoarthritis, gout, rheumatoid arthritis.
- Cardiology, including blood pressure control, EKG evaluation
- Endocrinology, including diabetes, thyroid and bone disorders
- Gastroenterology, including bowel and liver evaluation and treatment
- Geriatrica, including thorough evaluation of the aged and their medical needs
- Hematology, including through evaluation of the aged and their medical needs
- Infectious Disease, including vaccinations, fever evaluation, infection management
- Metabolism, including evaluation of weight problems and bone diseases osteoporosis treatment
- Nephrology, including evaluation and treatment of kidney and bladder disorders
- Pharmacology, including thorough evaluation of appropriate medicine needs and potential drug interactions
- Pilmonary, including pulmonary function testing, management of acute and chronic lung disease
- Other, including Preventive Medicine, Travel Medicine, Preoperative evaluation, Physical Examinations