Optimal Health Lifestyle Intervention/Cooking Class
Wednesdays, 6:30 p.m.–8:30 p.m.
The Optimal Health Cooking Class will resume on Septebmer 11, 2019 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Morehouse School of Medicine.
More than a Cooking class! This program will empower you with the skills and knowledge to make healthy sustainable lifestyle changes.
- Delicious oil-free plant-based food
- Fitness assessments
- Stress management techniques
- And much more...
Morehouse School of Medicine
720 Westview Drive
Atlanta, GA 30310 (Building F, Room G-14)
Free! Please sign in at the Public Safety Office near the Lee Street parking lot when you arrive.
$12/class or $120 for all 12 classes, if paid in advance.
Current MSM Students/Employees: Please contact us for discount information.
12-Week Class Schedule, Fall 2019
- 9/11/2019 - Week 1
- 9/18/2019 - Week 2
- 9/25/2019 - Week 3
- 10/02/2019 - Week 4
- 10/9/2019 - Week 5
- 10/16/2019 - Week 6
- 10/23/2019 - Week 7
- 10/30/2019 - Week 8
- 11/6/2019 - Week 9
- 11/13/2019 - Week 10
- 11/20/2019 - Week 11
- 12/4/2019 - Week 12
* Note: No class on 11/27/2019
There are many ways to get started on a plant-based diet. You can do it gradually, meal by meal or just jump in and eat only plant-based foods. Either way you will need some new rules.
- Start eating meals– this means that you must stop eating whenever and whatever you
see feel like eating. Decide on an eating plan that fits your lifestyle and get into
a routine. Think of snacks as a small meal and either stop eating them or plan for
You can eat :
- 3 meals/day - Breakfast/lunch/dinner - No snacks
- 4 meals/day - Breakfast/lunch /dinner - 1 snack of fruit
- 5 meals/day – Breakfast/lunch/dinner – 2 snacks – mid-morning/mid afternoon
- Stop eating 3 hours before you plan to go to sleep
- Do not eat for at least 12 hours between dinner and breakfast
- If possible, have your heaviest meal at lunch time and eat a light dinner
Shopping for a whole-food plant-based diet—This is a great video – only one issue, oats are OK, but the best breakfast is fresh fruit in season.